What We Do
Being involved with the Serra Club of West Omaha includes many different meetings, events, and activities. They allow us to build up the faith, pray for each other, enjoy fellowship together, and most importantly, grow the priesthood and consecrated life.DOWNLOAD BROCHURE
Meetings are held the first and third Mondays of each month. We encourage Serrans to invite friends and family to attend our club meetings.
• 1st Monday – club luncheon and meeting
• 3rd Monday – evening Mass, Meeting & Mixer with light refreshments or an evening Holy Hour
EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES
The Serra Club of West Omaha engages in several events to further our mission. These may be in conjunction with other clubs, parishes, or entities.
• Promote and assist parish vocations committees
• 31 Club
• Seminary Visits
• Newman College Connection
• Pre-Ordination Dinner for Ordinandi
• Ordination at St. Cecilia Cathedral
• Golf and Tennis Outing for Priests, Seminarians,
Consecrated Religious, Serrans and Guests
• Seminarian Day Sendoff and Picnic
• Women of Consecrated Life Brunch
• Holy Hour for Vocations with Archbishop Lucas
• Vocations Rally for 6th Graders
• Advent Retreat for Serrans
• Seminarian Christmas Dinner
• New Serrans Induction Mass and Dinner
The dues listed below include SCOWO lunches as well as national dues. An initiation fee of $25 is paid only once.
SPOUSE MEMBER DUES
UNDER 35 DUES
“The priestly vocation is a gift from God.
It is undoubtedly a great good for the person who is its first recipient. But it is also a gift to the Church as a whole, a benefit to her life and mission. The Church, therefore, is called to safeguard this gift, to esteem it and love it.”
Pastores Dabo Vobis, 41
Not quite ready to commit?
Support our mission as a “Supporter of Serra!”
Our prayers for vocations are critical and needed from every Catholic. Raise your voice to the Lord with these prayers.SERRA PRAYERS
We need many hands to make the work light for the various events throughout the year. We welcome anyone to volunteer!VOLUNTEER
Sponsoring seminarians or those preparing for religious life is a big part of our mission. Your donation means so much!DONATE
Join our mailing list to receive updates about public events and opportunities to get involved.JOIN LIST
Adopt a Seminarian to help support them financially while they complete their formation.ADOPT
Pay dues online now!
To pay online, annual payment is required.